AGF offers 400R, 400W, 500R and 500W reinforcing steel bars on request.
Each of these bars respects two elastic limits: 400 and 500 MPa, as specified in the standards.
The 400R and 400W grades are part of AGF’s permanent stocks.
Reinforcing steel bars
- type R for general basic use
- type W where improved weldability or ductility is required The difference is in their chemical composition.
The difference is in their chemical composition.
The bars can be delivered
- in straight bars up to 18 meters
- or coiled (10M and 15M.)
Coated reinforcing steel bars
The coating provides better corrosion protection
- epoxy coating (ASTM A775 standard)
- Hot dip galvanizing (standard ACNOR G164).
For more information, see the Canadian Standards Association Standard G30.18-M92.
AGF can also supply smooth bars.
AGF installs couplers, or mechanical joints, to connect two reinforcing bars together and end-to-end so that they act like a single continuous bar, avoiding overlapping.
Download our couplers documentation